Chinese prepare for dance festival
Updated: 2016-06-07 09:32
By Chen Nan(chinadaily.com.cn)
The annual Tango Buenos Aires Festival and Dance World Cup will be held in Argentina in August. [Photo provided to China Daily]
According to Xu Xuanyi, director of China Tango Association, more than 50 dancers from different Chinese cities will compete in the event.
At a media briefing held by the Argentine embassy in Beijing, Xu, who is also a veteran tango dancer, said since the Dance World Cup opened its door to Chinese competitors in 2013, the number of Chinese applicants have significantly increased.
"During the past few years, tango culture has developed fast in China," Xu said, adding that there were at least 20 clubs teaching tango in China.
"They should dance with their own understanding of life rather than simply copying the moves," she said in a message for the country's tango dancers.
- Suspected IS terrorists arrested in Germany
- Japanese boy abandoned by parents in Hokkaido forest found alive
- China to build Africa's biggest university library
- 'Kill list' found in UCLA campus shooter's residence: Police
- Swiss declare Alps tamed as Gotthard rail tunnel opens
- China urges Japan to properly settle Chinese forced laborers issue