Grand ceremony to showcase traditional Mongolian costumes
Updated: 2016-08-11 13:25
By Wu Zheyu(chinadaily.com.cn)
A boy, one of the pupils of the descent, is following the direction from his teachers and joins the performance together. [Photo by Wu Zheyu/chinadaily.com.cn]
In order to welcome the media, celebrate events such as the Marathon race and help journalists experience local life, a welcoming performance was held on the square with a sculptures shaped as characters in "Journey to the West", Bagrax County, in Bayingolin Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on August 10, 2016.
Around a thousand local residents wore traditional Mongolian costumes to dance together. The performing residents were divided into couples, families and individuals. A traditional Mongolian stringed instrument performer also guided his pupils to play several songs and express the sincere wish for Bagrax County's future.
They also gave out "Khatag", a piece of silk used as a greeting gift among the Zang and Mongol nationalities, to all the guests, to show their appreciation and greet their visitors.
- Nepal's newly elected PM takes oath
- Texas gun law worries incoming students
- China vows to deepen economic, trade cooperation with ASEAN
- Fire guts Emirates jet after hard landing; 1 firefighter dies
- Egypt's Nobel-laureate scientist dies of illness in US
- THAAD muscle flexing unmasks anxiety over declining hegemony