World-class partners bring NBA global games to Chinese fans
Updated: 2013-09-06 00:35
BEIJING– NBA China announced Thursday at an event in Beijing that it has teamed up with world-class marketing and promotional partners to bring NBA Global Games 2013 in Beijing and Shanghai to fans across China. NBA Champion Kevin Garnett of the Brooklyn Nets, NBA China CEO David Shoemaker and partner executives spoke at the event. Garnett interacted with more than 70 fans that had the opportunity to win prizes.
Partners for the NBA Global Games in Beijing and Shanghai include adidas, Emirates, Gatorade, Harbin Beer, Head & Shoulders, Mengniu, SAP and Sprite. The NBA and its partners will engage fans through various live events, media promotions, consumer sweepstakes and retail promotions that offer lucky fans the opportunity to attend the games in Beijing and Shanghai.
Kevin Garnett (Center), power forward of the Brooklyn Nets, speaks at a press conference on NBA Global Game 2013 in China on Thursday.[Photo/chinadaily.com.cn]
NBA Global Games will feature the 16-time NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers against the Golden State Warriors in Beijing on Oct. 15 at the MasterCard Center and again in Shanghai at the Mercedes-Benz Arena on Oct. 18.
Below are highlights of how each partner will enhance the fan experience:
• Will conduct a retail promotion in key markets where fans who purchase basketball products may receive complimentary tickets to the games in Beijing and Shanghai
• Will operate NBA Store booths at each arena offering official NBA Global Games gear
• Will distribute t-shirts on the court as part of their "adidas Free Stuff Timeout"
• Will conduct a retail promotion in key markets giving fans the opportunity to win NBA premiums
• With NBA China, launched the "NBA Global Games Cheering T-shirt Design Contest" through the NBA's social media account on Sina, where fans were encouraged to submit designs for Global Games t-shirts and winners were awarded tickets to the games
• Will host the "Kiss Cam" during timeouts giving fans a chance to be featured on the big screen in each arena
• As the Official Airline of NBA Global Games in Beijing and Shanghai, Emirates will conduct various promotional activities for NBA fans around the event
Head & Shoulders
• Will conduct a consumer sweepstakes in Beijing and Shanghai where fans can scan the QR code at retail locations and have the opportunity to win NBA Global Games tickets
• During the games, Head & Shoulders will host NBA-themed interactive games and have products on display for fans at the concourse booth
• Mengniu Milk Deluxe, the company's high-end brand, will promote its "Irreplaceable Love" marketing campaign through a series of interactive games and prize giveaways for fans at the concourse booth
• Will conduct an oncourt "Bringing the Best to the Beloved" campaign that will give fans seated in the upper section the chance to come sit in the Mengniu luxury suite
• An NBA legend will host a Mengniu basketball clinic for underprivileged students in Beijing
• Will highlight its statistical analytics capacity with the "Beyond the Numbers" theme through TV, digital, and onsite displays
• Will utilize an NBA Stats dashboard at the concourse booth to display in-depth game analysis, using statistics that will give fans a deeper understanding of the game
• Will host interactive games and product displays for fans at the concourse booth
• Will conduct an NBA Global Games promotion in key markets giving fans the opportunity to win tickets to the games in addition to NBA premiums
Stefan Zhao, NBA China, (8610) 5200 8329 or firstname.lastname@example.org