China hosts pole dancing worlds
Updated: 2015-04-11 16:02
BEIJING -- The northern Chinese city of Tianjin hosted the semifinals of the world pole dance championships on Saturday, with the final to take place Sunday in Beijing.
Luo Linlin, winner of China's 2014 championship, holds the pole position in the six-member Chinese team for the annual event that features men's and women's individual and doubles.
Pole dance has become a popular sport as well as a trendy form of exercise in fitness centers.
In last world championships held in London, Chinese Sun Yingzhi won Best Entertainer in the men's division and Fang Chunyan took Best Costume in the women's.
- Obama, Castro hold historic meeting, vow to turn the page
- Washington's trick of 'thief crying stop thief' on South China Sea
- Evacuation from Yemen ending as situation deteriorates
- Burnaby signs 'art' bridge
- Bird flu outbreaks reported in two Mexican states
- Failed developer shoots dead 3, injuries 2 at Milan courthouse