Guangzhou R&F signs striker Jeremy Bokila
Updated: 2015-07-03 20:13
By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou(chinadaily.com.cn)
Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R&F has signed DR Congo striker Jeremy Bokila, sources with the club said on Thursday.
Before his move to the Guangzhou side, Bokila, 27, played for Romania's Petrolul in the 2012-2013 season under Guangzhou R&F's current manager, Cosmin Contra. He scored nine goals and had 11 assists in 40 appearances for Russia's Terek Groznyhad during the last two years.
"We need to introduce one more player in the midfield to help expand strength in the near future," Contra said.
Bokila is expected to make his debut in the Chinese Super League against Shanghai Greenland on July 4. The Guangzhou club currently ranks seventh after 16 matches in the domestic league.
- Injured ROK tourists in intensive care
- 36 dead, 26 missing after banca capsized in C. Philippines
- Thai navy plans to buy three Chinese subs
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash