Santos sign Colombian attacker Hernandez
Updated: 2016-10-14 10:37
Colombia's Atletico Junior's Vladimir Hernandez (R) fights for the ball with Wanderers' Diego Barboza during their Copa Sudamericana round of 16 first leg match in Montevideo, Uruguay, September 21, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]
RIO DE JANEIRO - Eight-time Brazilian Serie A champions Santos have signed Colombian attacker Vladimir Hernandez on a four-year deal, the club's president said on Thursday.
The 27-year-old has impressed Santos with his form for Junior de Barranquilla, where he has scored 15 times in 40 appearances this year.
"We have agreed with Junior de Barranquilla and have signed a pre-contract with the player so that he comes in January," Santos president Modesto Roma said.
Hernandez joined Junior in 2008 from local rivals Barranquilla FC.
He has scored 57 goals in 290 matches for the Colombian top-flight outfit.
- Hollande, Merkel, Putin discuss how to implement Minsk peace deal
- Pentagon vows to respond to attempted missile attacks at US destroyer near Yemen
- NASA to invite private companies to install modules on space station
- Trump accused of inappropriate touching by two women
- White House denounces terror attacks in Afghanistan
- Republican voters frown on party establishment's criticism of Donald Trump