Chinese cultural tourism gets boost from conference
Updated: 2014-11-13 09:12
By Xu Lin(chinadaily.com.cn)
Dozens of entrepreneurs, agencies and experts in the tourism industry joined government officials recently gathered in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, for the first Summit of China Culture Tourism Industry and the establishment of the Academy of the Quality of China Culture Tourism Industry.
The academy aims to improve the quality of the Chinese culture tourism industry through academic research and tourism promotion. It will publish indexes about tourism services, shopping, the popularity of scenic spots and complaints of customers, and regular reports about the travel industry.
Some keynote speakers delivered speeches about the topic and exchanged opinions with each other.
Li Wenliang, vice-chairman of the International Confucian Association, said cultural tourism presents an important opportunity. Travel packages should be colorful and impressive, and adapt to some new changes while maintaining the essence of traditional culture.
Zhang Xiaoke, president of the academy, says it's important to be market-oriented and do one's best to serve customers. Subject research and information monitoring are also necessary to develop the industry.
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul
- China, Pakistan pledge to strengthen air force cooperation
- B20 urges G20 to make bold commitments for growth, jobs
- Britain to introduce tough new foreign fighter laws
- World's tallest man meets world's shortest man
- Lang Lang honored with German award