Weifang ready to soar again with kite fest
Updated: 2016-04-05 13:44
By Wang Kaihao(chinadaily.com.cn)
The 33rd Weifang International Kite Festival will open on April 16 in the seaside city in Shandong province, organizers have announced.
Activities in the annual festival include kite competitions, cultural performances and business fair. The competitions will range from designing and hand-crafting kites to quizzes about kites.
As China's largest hub for kite manufacture, Weifang is known for its products abundant artistic styles and delicacy. Municipal government statistics show that about 65 percent of the world’s kites are made in the city. The International Kite Federation, founded in 1989, is also headquartered in Weifang.
A five-day expo displaying the city's folk art will also be held beginning on April 15.
- Xi: Talks 'only correct way' for China, ROK
- Xi to Obama: Disputes should be managed
- Cypriot court remands in custody man suspected of hijacking EgyptAir flight
- Govt eyes luxury tourists amid concerns over safety
- Sleep tight and don't let sharks bite at Paris aquarium
- Aung San Suu Kyi appointed as Myanmar's new foreign minister