Indonesia sees increase in foreign tourist arrivals,with China ranking 3rd as source of holidaymakers
Updated: 2016-06-01 15:07
China ranks third as sources of foreign holidaymakers coming into Indonesia in April after Singapore and Malaysia.[Photo by Wang Mingming/Asianewsphoto]
Indonesia's foreign tourist arrivals saw a 14.45 percent rise in April from a year earlier, after increasing 8.96 percent in the previous month, the statistics bureau said on Wednesday.
The number of foreign tourists visiting Indonesia in April grew to 811,233 from 806,118 in March, according to a report on the bureau's website.
Among them, the number of visitor from China coming into Indonesia in April grew 11.5 percent to 107,050 people on year, according to Suryamin, head of National Statistic Bureau.
China ranks third as sources of foreign holidaymakers coming into Indonesia in April after Singapore and Malaysia, he said.
- Chinese navy ships in Tanzania share counter-piracy experience
- Some 13,000 migrants saved, over 700 dead in a week
- ROK says DPRK appears to have failed in 4th Musudan missile test-launch
- White House lifts lockdown after suspicious package scare
- Chinese G20 presidency 'ambitious' in seeking solutions for global growth: OECD official
- UNICEF alarmed at refugee, migrant deaths in Mediterranean