New UK visa application centers to open in Changsha, Kunming and Xi'an
Updated: 2016-06-02 16:34
The UK has decided to increase the number of visa application centers in China from 12 to 15 in response to an anticipated record demand this year.[Photo by Wang Jing/Asianewsphoto]
The UK has decided to increase the number of visa application centers in China from 12 to 15 in response to an anticipated record demand this year. The new centers will be established in Changsha, Kunming and Xi'an, all of which will start receiving applicants this month, with Xi'an beginning the service on June 10.
The UK's plan to expand the visa application network was announced by Prime Minister David Cameron during the State Visit of President Xi to the UK last October.
The three new centers aim to improve the visa service's geographical presence and make it accessible to as many Chinese citizens as possible.
The launch dates and locations of the three newly opened centers are:
10 June: Xi'an - Room 1103, Building A, Mole Collection Centers, Cross Road of Keji 6th Road and Fenghui South Road, High-tech zone, Xi'an city, Shaanxi province.
1 July: Changsha - No 1-3 Conference Room, 2/F, White Swan Hotel, No 258, Xiangfu Zhong Road, Tianxin district, Changsha city, Hunan province.
- Swiss declare Alps tamed as Gotthard rail tunnel opens
- China urges Japan to properly settle Chinese forced laborers issue
- Searching for remains of Dead Sea Scrolls
- China-US relations shouldn't be hijacked by S. China Sea issue
- To cool you off: The fountain in Washington Square Park
- Americans warned about terror risk this summer