Universal Studios Singapore named top amusement parks
Updated: 2016-06-30 10:11
A photo of Universal Studio Singapore. [Photo/Xinhua]
TripAdvisor announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice awards for amusement parks and water parks around the world, with Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida earning top honors worldwide.
In Asia, Universal Studios Singapore beats the regional competitors ranking the first, while Hong Kong Disneyland follows in the second place.
Among the top-25 amusement parks, Tokyo DisneySea, Universal Studios Japan and Tokyo Disneyland ranked the fourth, fifth and sixth places respectively, and Legoland Malaysia came in the twelfth place.
As for water parks in Asia, Adventure Cove in Singapore's Resorts World Sentosa ranked the sixth. Waterbom Bali in Indonesia, Black Mountain Water Park in Thailand and Caribbean Bay in S. Korea took the top three spots respectively, while Sunway Lagoon Theme Park in Malaysia pipped Adventure Cove to come in the fifth.
In addition, Singapore's Marina Bay Sands Skypark was also voted on Traveler's Choice Awards this year, ranking the 16th among the top 25 landmarks in Asia.
TripAdvisor said award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews.
- Hillary Clinton boasts double-digit lead over Trump: poll
- First New York Pride March since Orlando shooting targets gun control
- Intl experts question proceedings of South China Sea arbitration
- South China Sea tribunal has no legal validity
- Cambodia positions itself along new Silk Road: media
- UK opposition leader Corbyn says will not resign after Brexit vote