Indonesia reports bird flu death
Updated: 2013-11-18 14:04
JAKARTA - A 31-year Indonesian woman has died from avian influenza in outskirts of Jakarta, the health ministry said Monday.
The fatality brings the total death toll to 163 out of 165 cases since the virus first attacked the country in 2005, the ministry said in a statement.
The woman from East Bekasi died on Nov 11 before she was shifted to a bird flu-designed hospital.
The housewife first had the symptom on November1 by having fever and nausea that led her to be admitted to several health clinics and hospitals. She was diagnosed with typhoid at one point and the symptoms had progressively worsened before she died.
An epidemiological investigation showed that the woman had possibly got contact with birds or poultry. I
Indonesia reported the last bird flu case in September on a 28- year man from West Java.
- At least 29 killed in train collision in Egypt
- Kerry to visit Israel to discuss Iran deal
- 100 killed in tribal clashes in Sudan
- Commonwealth urges for inclusive growth
- Hot air balloons take off at Int'l Balloon Festival
- 5 foreigners, including 3 Chinese, missing in furnace blast in E. India: official