Lady Gaga, Julie Andrews notch Oscars' top social media moment
Updated: 2015-02-24 11:24
Julie Andrews presents the Oscar for Best Original Score at the 87th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California February 22, 2015. [Photo/IC]
Lady Gaga performed a medley of hits from "The Sound of Music" and then was joined by Julie Andrews on stage for the 50th anniversary of the musical, which was talked about by 214,000 people per minute globally on Facebook, the company said.
According to Nielsen Social, which monitors comments on Twitter Inc, some 60,000 tweets were posted in the minute following Lady Gaga's tribute performance as she was joined by Andrews, making it the most-tweeted moment of the night. With 129,000 mentions, Lady Gaga was also the celebrity who garnered the most chatter on Twitter.
- Planning for the future family as society ages
- Ratings of China's Spring Festival gala hit new low
- Rail modernizations civilize Spring Festival travel rush
- Thousands affected by SW China earthquake
- Discipline watchdog names 855 for violations during holidays
- Nursing home killer in fury over unpaid wages