Helicopter crashes in Sao Paulo, killing 5
Updated: 2015-04-03 11:33
SAO PAULO - Five people were killed in a helicopter crash Thursday afternoon in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and son of Sao Paulo governor Geraldo Alckmin was among the victims, according to local media Folha de S Paulo.
All of the five aboard were killed. Thomaz Rodrigues Alckmin, 31, son of the governor, was the pilot of the helicopter and the police who went to the scene recognized him according to tattoos on the body, the report said.
Thomaz was making a test flight before the aircraft crashed on the Fazendinha road, a residential area in the city.
He fathers two daughters, a ten-year-old and a one-month-old, according to the report.
A team was sent to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Framework for final deal reached at Iran nuclear talks
- Death toll rises to 147 in Kenya university attack
- Obama says 'historic' Iran framework could make world safer
- Foreign troops arrive at Aden port in southern Yemen
- Dozens killed in Kenyan university attack
- Kenya launches manhunt for suspect behind university attack