China exports unit trains to Argentina
Updated: 2015-07-08 22:23
SHIJIAZHUANG -- One of China's leading locomotive producers said Wednesday that it had delivered the first batch of unit trains ordered by Argentina.
Three internal-combustion unit trains arrived in Buenos Aires Tuesday (Beijing Time), according to Tangshan Railway Vehicle Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of CNR Corp., producer of China's first passenger train.
A total of 27 trains, which can reach a maximum speed of 100 kilometers per hour and boasts sophisticated automatic control system, will be delivered to Argentina in four batches.
This is the first order for internal combustion locomotives the company has received from Argentina and the largest such order from South America for a Chinese company, Tangshan Railway sources said.
The last batch will be sent in August.
- Injured ROK tourists in intensive care
- 36 dead, 26 missing after banca capsized in C. Philippines
- Thai navy plans to buy three Chinese subs
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash