China-made trains put into operation in Malaysia
Updated: 2015-09-09 09:28
CHANGSHA - The world's fastest meter-gauge multiple unit trains have been put into operation in Malaysia, according to its manufacturer Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd on Tuesday.
The Chinese company's meter-gauge train broke the world record in 10,000 km operation tests with a high speed of 176 km per hour, said Zhou Ande, an engineer with the company. Meter gauge is the system of narrow gauge railways and tramway with a track gauge of 1,000 mm.
The trains are welcomed by locals, slashing the travel time from Kuala Lumpur to Padang Besar by seven hours, said Zhou.
The deal signed in 2013 included ten train sets. The first set rolled off the assembly line last November with a designed speed of 160 km per hour.
Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd, located in central China's Hunan Province, is a subsidiary of China's high-speed rail maker CRRC Corp. Ltd. Currently, it owns more than 80 percent market share in the rail transit equipment market in Malaysia.
- Russian military experts present in Syria
- Norway PM says Norwegian citizen taken hostage in Syria
- Hungarian TV journalist fired for tripping up fleeing migrants
- Leaders from EU, Russia, Ukraine to meet in Paris in Oct
- Music is food for the soul for young Chinese violinist
- Australia's Tasmania, China agree to 'work together' on Antarctic expeditions
- Greedy panda eats ten boxes of honey
- Soldiers in Sansha guard the islands
- Dunhuang heritage still alive in new age
- Bigger iPad announced at Apple 'monster' event
- World's largest mural on a giant rooftop
- Starry Night: Van Gogh in Beijing
- Dog rescue leads to self-stabbing
- Serena vs Venus: Sibling rivalry as usual
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
Inside look at Apple's newly-launched products
Peking Opera performance thrills NY
Chinese man, daughter arrested in alleged marriage scam
China's CPI up 2% in August
Hillary Clinton's lead eroded by Joe Biden's surge in poll
Apple TV comes with 'apps'; big iPad aimed at business
China aims to be first to land on far side of moon
Renowned scroll painting unrolled at the Palace Museum
Geared to go
The place to be