Chorus of the PLA gears up for Sept 3 parade
Updated: 2015-08-27 10:23
A instructor corrects a member's pronunciation during a lesson. [Photo/www.81.cn]
The victory parade on Sept 3 will commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II.
The background music is an indispensable part of any parade. With 96 beats per minute for the National Anthem, it sets the dignified scene for the raising of the Chinese flag. At 112 beats per minute, it unites the marching soldiers with a common beat. This year's live performance will doubtless bring out the patriotism in all participants and spectators alike.
At this year's military parade, 1,200 members of the Chorus of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) will perform alongside the Military Band for the first time. Both members of the chorus as well as the band have gone through strenuous training in order to deliver the perfect note on Sept 3.
- Hungary scrambles to confront migrant influx
- Turkey to hold snap parliamentary election
- Caroline Kennedy used personal email for official business
- Czech appeals for closing Schengen external border
- DPRK says inter-Korean contact gives lesson to South Korea
- Trial starts for Chinese scholar expelled from Norway