Flight delayed due to terror threat hoax
Updated: 2015-03-14 18:17
LANZHOU - A flight bound for the northwestern Chinese city of Dunhuang was delayed due to a terror threat on Saturday.
China Express Airlines flight G52689 postponed its takeoff at Zhongchuan Airport in Lanzhou, capital of Gansu province, after receiving a terror threat that was later proved to be a hoax, local authorities said.
The aircraft, which landed in Lanzhou at 12:32 pm on Saturday, was due to take off at 12:55 pm but remained on the ground until 2:17 pm as authorities verified the threat and checked the airplane.
The flight from Chongqing municipality is scheduled for two stops at Lanzhou and Jiayuguan city before reaching it final destination.
The police have placed the informer under control measure but have not released any further details.
- Myanmar ferry capsizes; 33 dead, at least a dozen missing
- Chinese air force reinforces patrolling over Myanmar border
- Sino-Thai accord reached on rail project engineering
- Iraqi forces battle Islamic State for Tikrit on two fronts
- Venezuelans march in solidarity with govt
- Downton Abbey fan Kate Middleton visits set of hit TV show