Warm memories in the cold winter
Updated: 2016-01-28 13:33
Guangxi cordons off snow
Visitors take photos of the snow at Qingxiu mountain in Nanning city, South China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, Jan 24, 2016. [Photo/CFP]
When the capital city of the southern Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region saw its first snowfall in 41 years on Sunday, the three-millimeter thin snow on the observation deck in a popular scenic area was cordoned off.
More than 20,000 tourists visited Qingxiu mountain on Sunday and pictures began circulating online showing lines of visitors standing outside the cordoned off area and taking pictures of the rarely seen snow.
Police said they had to cordon off the area to protect visitors from treading on the snow and falling down, while some Internet users joked that the cordons were there to protect the snow because it was so thin that walking on it would make it disappear.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- Goodwill sets tone at Wang, Kerry's briefing
- Obama picks new Afghan commander
- Ceremony held in Auschwitz Camp to remember the Holocaust
- Thousands of beckoning cat on display in Japan's Goutoku Temple
- Chinese fishing boat capsizes off S. Korean island: Yonhap
- 42 cases of Zika infection reported in N.E. Panama