Banished asthma-stricken judoka takes to weibo
Updated: 2013-03-26 15:43
A former award-winning judoka in Yan'an city, Shaanxi province, has taken to micro-blogging after the provincial sports authority banished her from the team when she was diagnosed with asthma.
Zhuang Duoduo, 22, was judo champion in several provincial and city competitions and was part of the provincial team under the administration of the sports authority in Shaanxi.
In a micro blog posted on Sina Weibo, Zhuang said she was kicked off the judo team after being diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma, with nobody paying her medical bills.
She said she won a judo championship at the Shaanxi provincial games under the name of her older sister, as she did not meet the age requirement for the event. She also alleged that her coach embezzled part of her bonus after she won the championship.
Shaanxi Provincial Sports Bureau said the bonus was awarded by the sports authority in Yan'an, and the authority had no knowledge of the matter, the Xi'an-based Chinese Business View reported.
Liu Haijun, an official with the Yan'an sports bureau, admitted that Zhuang's allegation that she used her sister's name to take part in the provincial games was true, the Chengdu Business Daily reported.
- American judoka expelled for doping violation
- Judoka Zeevi hopes for final fling in London
- Uzbek judoka first drugs casualty
- Uzbekistan's judoka tests positive in Asian Games
- Outcry at preferential treatment for athletes
- In Asia, foreign athletes-for-hire win some, lose some
- Free medical for elite athletes causes stir
- Child athletes
- 'Taken 2' grabs movie box office crown
- Rihanna's 'Diamonds' tops UK pop chart
- Fans get look at vintage Rolling Stones
- Celebrities attend Power of Women event
- Ang Lee breaks 'every rule' to make unlikely new Life of Pi film
- Rihanna almost thrown out of nightclub
- 'Dark Knight' wins weekend box office
- 'Total Recall' stars gather in Beverly Hills
Industry savior: Big boys' toys
Liaoning: China's oceangoing giant
TCM - Keeping healthy in Chinese way
Poultry industry under pressure
Today's Top News
Boston bombing suspect reported cornered on boat
7.0-magnitude quake hits Sichuan
Cross-talk artist helps to spread the word
'Green' awareness levels drop in Beijing
Palace Museum spruces up
First couple on Time's list of most influential
H7N9 flu transmission studied
Trading channels 'need to broaden'