Lippi stays alert upon crucial matches in AFC Champions league
Updated: 2013-04-03 13:27
Guangzhou Evergrande coach Marcelo Lippi in Beijing, March 29, 2013. [Photo/Xinhua]
GUANGZHOU, South China - Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande coach Marcelo Lippi stayed alert before the coming match on Wednesday against Thai league champions Muangthong United at the group stage of AFC Champions league.
"The two matches against Muangthong United will be very crucial for our side to qualify from this group, if we can win both, the situation will be in favor of us," Lippi said at the pre-match press conference on Tuesday.
Guangzhou remained at the top of Group F of the AFC Champions League after equalizing South Korean side Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors on Matchday Two.
With four points from two games, Guangzhou hold a slender one-point advantage over 2007 AFC Champions League winners Urawa Red Diamonds.
The Chinese champions will play two back-to-back matches against the Thai league side, which would be a good chance for Guangzhou to consolidate their dominance. However, last year, they suffered a surprising loss at home to Buriram United from the same country.
"We must stay focus and alert. We are ambitious in this tournament, so we have to make every detail perfect," the 64-year old said.
- Guangzhou Evergrande ready to make major splash
- Evergrande chasing title despite tough draw
- Tough AFC Champions League draw for Guangzhou Evergrande
- Hard road to AFC title for Guangzhou Evergrande
- Double joy for Evergrande
- Guangzhou Evergrande ties Guizhou Renhe in CFA Cup final
- Guangzhou Evergrand defends Chinese Super League title
- Guangzhou Evergrande edged out of AFC Champions league
- 'Taken 2' grabs movie box office crown
- Rihanna's 'Diamonds' tops UK pop chart
- Fans get look at vintage Rolling Stones
- Celebrities attend Power of Women event
- Ang Lee breaks 'every rule' to make unlikely new Life of Pi film
- Rihanna almost thrown out of nightclub
- 'Dark Knight' wins weekend box office
- 'Total Recall' stars gather in Beverly Hills
President Xi's maiden visit
Coming to a screen near you
Insurance a cure for medical woes
Family farms plant seeds for prosperity
CNOOC answers 'What's next?'
Art market chills in spring
Today's Top News
China, US to deepen military ties
BYD to build electric bus assembly plant
Chinese becoming US citizens decline
Beijing calls for DPRK talks
Kerry reaffirms defense commitment to ROK, Japan
Caroline Kennedy may be US envoy to Japan
New Chinese Ambassador arrives in US
Apple revises warranty terms
Open for business
The way forward