Super Bowl becomes 'US Lunar New Year Gala' in China
Updated: 2016-02-09 10:13
Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem at Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium on February 7, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. [Photo/IC]
At the same time, viewership tracker Nielsen said the Super Bowl game drew some 111.9 million viewers to make it the third most watched show in US television history.
Relative to respective population, the Super Bowl is indeed as influential in the US as the Lunar New Year Gala in China.
Do you think so?
- ASEAN wants good US-China relations
- Jury finds NYPD's Liang guilty in fatal shooting
- Major powers agree on plan to break Syria deadlock
- Munich Security Conference opens amid concerns
- General strike against pension reform brings Greece to standstill
- Madrid airport sounds alarm after bomb threat on Saudi plane