China sure to achieve medium-high growth in 2016: spokesperson
Updated: 2016-03-02 16:05
BEIJING - China is confident of achieving medium to high-speed economic growth in 2016 on the back of the sound economic fundamentals and the country's reform campaign, a spokesperson with the annual session of the national political advisory body said Wednesday.
"Viewed against the backdrop of the performance of international economies, China's 6.9-percent growth in 2015 is outstanding; and the Chinese economy is expanding with good quality," said Wang Guoqing, spokesperson for the fourth session of the 12th National Committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), at a press conference ahead of the annual session that begins Thursday.
- Space station crew end record US spaceflight
- ROK conducts maritime drill for WMD carried by DPRK ships
- EU to propose emergency humanitarian aid to Greece
- Cuba intensifies fight to fend off Zika virus
- UN chief calls for 'prompt, impartial' probe into airstrike on Yemeni market
- Ex-Tepco execs indicted over Fukushima disaster