Top 10 cities with highest average salaries
Updated: 2016-04-20 06:54
When it comes to salaries of white-collar workers in China, Shanghai once again comes out on top, according to analysis from job recruitment site Zhaopin.com.
The city's average salaries through the first quarter of this year for white-collar workers come in at around 8,825 yuan ($1,362) per month, ranking first on the Zhaopin.com's list. It was followed by Beijing and Shenzhen, with 8,717 yuan and 8,141 yuan respectively.
Among all categories, the best paid jobs in Shanghai are in professional service sectors such as accounting, legal, and human resources. Workers in these sectors earn an average of 13,400 yuan per month.
Joint ventures and listed companies are said to be the most generous employers. While private firms and government-backed institutions paid the lowest, according to China Radio International.
No 10 Nanjing, Jiangsu province
Average salary: 6,487 yuan
A citizen shops at a super market in Nanjing, Jiangsu province, April 11, 2016. [Photo / IC]
- US presidential hopefuls battle for New York on eve of primaries
- AP, Reuters, New York Times among 2016 Pulitzer Prize winners
- US voters' anger over big money in politics mounts
- Japan quake survivors struggle with shortages
- Possible MH370 debris found in S. Africa being examined in Australia
- More cooperation among China, Russia, India in global affairs: Chinese FM