Top 10 richest cities in China
Updated: 2016-04-22 07:06
Three of China's big cities -- Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen -- have topped a ranking of the country's richest cities, according to a list released by China Business News, an economic news portal.
Instead of measuring each city's GDP per capita, the list is based on total deposit balances held at all financial institutes. This figure is also referred to as the total capital amount, and indicates the result of economic growth in certain regions and cities, the report said.
Let's take a look at the top 10 richest cities in the Chinese mainland.
No 10 Suzhou, Jiangsu province
Total capital amount: 2.52 trillion yuan ($388.8 billion)
Tourists enjoy Suzhou classical garden. An artist plays Chinese traditional musical instrument on a boat in Suzhou, Jiangsu province, Oct 1, 2011. [Photo/Asianewsphoto]
- As country's population has grown, so has the level of higher education
- Charities rebuild image through relief efforts
- New hiv testing project targets groups most at risk
- Study finds 20-year slump in exercise
- Little champ: Four-year-old roller skates on cliff
- Chinese scientists figure out Zika virus NS1 protein structure
- Japanese lawmakers visit war-linked Yasukuni Shrine en masse
- Palestinian residents of Gaza Strip face growing water shortage
- Delayed Yemen peace talks begin in Kuwait
- Cuba, US agree to deepen cultural cooperation
- Ecuador continues recovery efforts following powerful quake
- Beacons and gun salutes as Britain's Queen Elizabeth turns 90