Wanda acquires movie website Mtime for $35m
Updated: 2016-07-28 16:09
By Cai Muyuan(chinadaily.com.cn)
|A Wanda cinema in Yichang, Central China's Hubei province, March 13, 2016. [Photo/IC]|
Wanda Cinema Line Co Ltd, the studio arm of Dalian Wanda Group, has announced its plans to wholly purchase Mtime.com, Sina.com reported late Wednesday.
The $280 million acquisition is said to be part of a transitional move for Wanda Cinemas to integrate its online platform and technology.
According to the announcement, Wanda Cinemas will partner with Mtime.com to initiate an all-around integration of their resources and businesses. A new platform that combines offline and online resources will be forged by the pair to seek integrated marketing solutions targeted at some 100 million users.
Founded in 2006, Mtime.com has the second largest film database in the world, as well as solid connections from a network of global film companies. The new partnership will also explore the film merchandise market, and seek innovative online distribution models and other new businesses that appeal to users' tastes and experience.
- Rain causes worse traffic congestion in southern cities: report
- University is young, but it's growing fast
- Party's promotional video goes viral online
- 40 years on: Tangshan builds miracle on debris after quake
- US agrees it's time to 'turn the page'
- Guidelines encourage parents to provide better care
- S. Korea to launch WWII 'comfort women' victims foundation
- China to become Australia's biggest tourist source market
- Patient shoots, kills doctor in Berlin then kills himself
- One of church attackers tried to join IS in Syria
- China's coal usage may peak by 2020, experts say
- Bavarian bomber pledged allegiance to Islamic State