Wild mushrooms kill 6 in SW China

Updated: 2012-10-13 19:28


  Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按钮 0

GUIYANG - Six members of a family in Southwest China's Yunnan province have died after consuming poisonous wild mushrooms, doctors said Saturday.

A nine-member family from Zhenxiong county collected poisonous mushrooms from a nearby mountain on September 28, according to doctors at the People's Hospital in Guizhou Province (PHGP), where the three surviving family members are being treated.

58-year-old Zhu Shaorong, his daughter-in-law Deng Chengfeng and seven grandchildren were among those poisoned.

Neighbors took the family to a smaller hospital in Guizhou after the family experienced diarrhea and vomiting. Zhu and four of the grandchildren died at the hospital.

The other four were transferred to PHGP on October 4. Deng died at PHGP on Friday.

A doctor surnamed Wang from the intensive care unit of the hospital's pediatrics department said the three surviving children are stable but will not be discharged until their liver function is restored.