China's 10 most dangerous highways revealed
Updated: 2015-02-11 16:27
China's Ministry of Public Security revealed the ten most dangerous highway sections. In the last year 1,203 accidents, in which 451 were killed, happened in these sections, which span 153 kilometers.This means, for every ten kilometers, there were 78 accidents and 30 deaths.
The ministry warned drivers to take extra care while driving on these sections as the upcoming Spring Festival will see a rise in road traffic.
The sections are:
1. The 80-90th kilometers on China National Highway 102, near the border between Tianjin and Hebei.
279 accidents occurred on this length in 2014, killing 149. Most of the accidents are head-on collisions and side crashes. Minibuses, heavy trucks and motorcycles are the most common vehicles involved in the accidents.
2. The 533 to 540th kilometers on China National Highway 104, in Jinan city, East China's Shandong.
298 accidents occurred on this length last year, killing 80. Most of the accidents were head-on collisions and side crashes. Minibus, heavy trucks and motorcycles were the most common vehicles involved in the crashes.
3. The 78-87th kilometers on China National Highway 327, in East China's Shandong.
200 accidents occurred in this length, mostly pile-up crashes involving minibuses and coaches. 67 have been killed.
4. The 2595-2605th kilometers on China National Highway 105, in South China's Guangdong.
124 accidents occurred and 41 were killed. Side crashes and single-vehicle accidents involving motorcycles and minibuses were the major accidents.
5. The 95-104.4th kilometers on Yingpanshui-Lanhou Highway, in Northwest China's Gansu.
116 accidents occurred and 40 were killed. Most accidents were head-on crashes and single-vehicle accidents.
- Consul general weighs in
- 10 destinations favored by Chinese property investors
- Spring Festival goods in the making
- New Year scenes preserved in old photos
- Remembering the dead on the seventh day after TransAsia crash
- A homeward bound motor "gang"
- Farmer builds sports car out of wood
- Bleak outlook for art students six months after graduation
Festival Special: Apps that make holiday shopping easier
Alibaba places China smartphone business bet with $590m Meizu deal
China, US vow to deepen military relations
Premier Li attends Davos Forum
Li Na expecting first baby
Star's marriage is 'bittersweet' news for fans
Today's Top News
President Xi to visit US in September
Study sees consumer confidence faltering
NBC News anchor Brian Williams suspended
US confirms death of IS-held hostage
High royalties key reason behind Qualcomm fine: NDRC
Net regulator to meet US ambassador on WeChat
The peeping eyes of the United States
January inflation cools to 0.8%
Geared to go
The place to be