China's Huawei to partner with Etisalat for Network 2020
Updated: 2015-03-08 10:31
A counter of Huawei is seen at an electronic products market in Shanghai, Feb 17, 2015. [Photo/IC]
DUBAI - China's telecom giant Huawei and the United Arab Emirates' Etisalat said Saturday in Abu Dhabi that they would jointly develop a framework and architecture for end-to-end network for the years 2020 onwards.
Huawei and Etisalat aim to combine their forces for the scheme Network 2020 which is a vision that comprises of a number of technology advancements like virtualization, software defined networks, ultra high speed networks, cloud and other technologies.
"End users will be able to enjoy existing and innovative new ICT (information and communication technology) services more rapidly and with the best reliability and quality," the two firms said in a joint e-mailed statement.
"The idea for Network 2020 was formalized during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona which took place from March 2 - 5," the statement added.
Etisalat is the most valuable company in the UAE. Huawei has supported Etisalat on a number of projects, including a joint cooperation plan to explore and deploy super-speed 5G mobile broadband services.
- China says DPRK leader meeting to happen when 'convenient'
- Cause of NW Chinese city odorous tap water identified
- Chinese woman stands for UN's aviation arm's elections
- Chinese FM gives press conference for NPC session
- China kicks off new inspections over top state firms
- 10,000-sq-m farm built on rooftop
- UK police detain trespasser who climbed to Parliament's roof
- Two suspects held over murder of Russian opposition leader
- A year on, what's the latest in the hunt for Flight 370?
- China asks Sri Lanka to protect interests of investors over suspended port project
- Chinese, Myanmar diplomats hold consultation on relations
- 5 dead in shooting at restaurant in Mali capital