One Minute: 'Bizarre' TV scenes and subsidies for hiring women
Updated: 2015-03-08 15:25
By Ma Danning and Wang Ting(chinadaily.com.cn)
China to invite world leaders to WWII commemoration, delegate calls for subsidies to companies hiring female students and ambassador condemns unreasonable TV war drama.
A scene from a TV series that shows a Chinese man repelling a Japanese soldier with his fist. [Photo/CRI]
Ambassador frowns on war drama
Chinese Ambassador to Japan Cheng Yonghua said he disagrees with some unreasonable and "bizarre" scenes in certain TV series about the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, on the grounds that "it was a very solemn and tragic war and should not be distorted."
He made the comment while responding to media questions on his opinion over TV scenes that Chinese soldiers use grenades to blow up an enemy plane or tear apart an enemy's body with their hands, after a panel discussion at a CPPCC session.
- China says DPRK leader meeting to happen when 'convenient'
- Cause of NW Chinese city odorous tap water identified
- Chinese woman stands for UN's aviation arm's elections
- Chinese FM gives press conference for NPC session
- China kicks off new inspections over top state firms
- 10,000-sq-m farm built on rooftop
- UK police detain trespasser who climbed to Parliament's roof
- Two suspects held over murder of Russian opposition leader
- A year on, what's the latest in the hunt for Flight 370?
- China asks Sri Lanka to protect interests of investors over suspended port project
- Chinese, Myanmar diplomats hold consultation on relations
- 5 dead in shooting at restaurant in Mali capital