Tianjin death toll up to 129
Updated: 2015-08-25 06:03
TIANJIN - Rescue authorities updated the death toll from the Tianjin warehouse explosions to 129, with 44 others missing, on Monday.
They had put the figure at 123 on Sunday afternoon.
All the dead have been identified, including 76 firefighters, seven policemen and 46 other people. The missing people include 28 firefighters, four policemen and 12 others.
Meanwhile, 610 people remain hospitalized, 39 of them in serious condition. A total of 187 injured people have been discharged from hospital.
Two blasts ripped through a warehouse storing dangerous chemicals in north China's Tianjin Port at around 11:30 pm on Aug 12.
Personnel are cleaning up the site while investigators look into the cause of the incident.
- Tsipras formally resigns, requesting snap general elections
- China-Russia drill not targeting 3rd party
- UK, France boost security
- China demands Japan face history after Abe's wife visits Yasukuni Shrine
- DPRK deploys more fire units to frontlines with ROK
- DPRK, ROK trade artillery, rocket fire at border