Fire traps more than 100 kids in East China building block
Updated: 2015-09-16 14:50
Firefighters evacuate a child after a fire broke out in Ningde, Fujian province, Sept 16, 2015. [Photo by Ou Yufan/Asianewsphoto]
A fire broke out at a building block in Ningde, East China's Fujian province, on Wednesday morning, trapping more than 100 kindergarten children.
The blaze started in a flower shop in the commercial block in Ningde in Fujian province at about 11am on Wednesday and spread through the building to the kindergarten located on the second floor.
Some children were thrown to safety by adults in the kindergarten while others were waiting to catch them on the ground.
By 2:00 pm, all the children were rescued safely andinjured childrenwere transported to hospital, according to the official account of Fujian Public security fire brigade on Sina Weibo, China's micro-blogging platform.
No casualties have been reported, and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
- UN chief: Those blocking fleeing refugees should 'stand in their shoes'
- Hungarian riot police detain migrants
- IOC announces five cities bid for 2024 summer Olympic
- Japan opposition to halt vote on security bills
- Japan protesters rally as security bills near passage
- Australia launches first air strikes against IS