China releases full text of reform plan for ecological progress
Updated: 2015-09-22 07:54
BEIJING - China has released the full text of an integrated reform plan for promoting ecological progress on Monday.
The plan, which consists of 56 articles, was released by the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and the State Council, or China's cabinet.
The plan was approved at a meeting of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee on September 11.
The document said the plan was worked out in order to build a beautiful China and handle the relationship between humankind and nature, and solve serious ecological and environmental problems.
It stressed the necessity of improving the environment, ensuring that resources are used efficiently, and doing more to form a new pattern of modernization in harmony with nature.
According to the reform plan, a systematic and complete institutional framework composed of eight systems for promoting ecological progress will be established by 2020, included a system of property rights for natural resource assets and a system for evaluating officials' performance.
Local governments and departments need to do their best to put policy into effect and ensure that the objectives of the reform plan are acheived quickly.
- Women's development in China contributes to global equality: white paper
- China releases full text of reform plan for ecological progress
- Upgraded combat drone is unveiled
- World's oldest male panda celebrates 30th birthday
- Villagers scoop up big profits by drying fish
- Food safety a long-term endeavor
- Buses with images of 6 endangered animals of China drive in US
- To be continued...
- Top 15 Chinese CEOs to attend US roundtable during Xi's visit
- House showcasing Sino-American friendship opens to visitors
- Obama look-alike lands a movie role
- The world in photos: Sept 14-20
- Zhejiang's Zhoushan in full swing for sand sculpture festival
- Stars arrive at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
Young people from US look forward to Xi's state visit: Survey
US to accept more refugees than planned
Li calls on State-owned firms to tap more global markets
Apple's iOS App Store suffers first major attack
Japan enacts new security laws to overturn postwar pacifism
Court catalogs schools' violent crimes
'Beauty of Beijing's alleys akin to a wise, old person'
China makes progress fighting domestic, international cyber crime
Geared to go
The place to be