High-speed line on 'most beautiful route' to start construction
Updated: 2015-11-18 16:00
A high-speed railway, dubbed the 'most beautiful route' in Central China's Hubei province, is to begin construction, the Changjiang Daily reported.
The line is planned to pass through several cultural and natural scenic spots, including Danjiangkou Reservoir Water-source Conservation Areas, Wudang Mountain World Cultural Heritage (ancient architectural complex), Longzhong National Scenic Spot, and Xian Mountain National Forest Park among others.
The 399-kilometer line, with a planned top speed of 350 km/h, runs from Xiaogan city heading northwest to Shiyan city making 13 stops. It will connect with another interurban railway to the southeast and complete a high-speed line from Wuhan city to Shiyan city when the planned route is put into use in an estimated 4 years.
By connecting with Wuhan city, the Yellow Crane Tower (Huanghe Lou) will also be included among the tourist attractions.
Let's take a look at major scenic spots the railway will pass through.
Wudang Mountain National Scenic Spot. [Photo/IC]
- High-speed line on 'most beautiful route' to start construction
- Villagers sue after Dutch collector refuses to return stolen god
- China's richest man sues over false attribution on social media
- Tibet plateau as clean as North Pole: report
- Government on target for reduced pollution in 2017
- Tougher rules proposed for delivery companies
- France, Russia launch more strikes against IS targets in Syria
- Chinese bearing maker prepares Michigan facility
- Honoring 'benefactors and builders'
- Police make one arrest in Molenbeek over Paris attacks: TV
- France seeks global coalition against Islamic State
- Should parents talk to children about carnage?