New tech to test effects of thunder on aircraft
Updated: 2015-12-03 18:45
By Ma Lie in Xi'an(chinadaily.com.cn)
Experts at Xi'an Jiaotong University in the capital of Shaanxi province have developed equipment to test the effects of thunder on large aircraft.
Thunder and lightning are high voltage phenomena of nature which can cause great harm to the safe operation of planes.
Existing technology cannot meet test standards for the direct effect of thunder on aircraft.
Yao Xueling, professor at the university, led her research group for 10 years and eventually achieved success by creating special equipment to solve the problem.
The newly-developed equipment has passed tests of relevant authorities.
During the course of the project, 13 patents were applied for, of which four were authorized, and 32 academic papers were published, of which 19 were included by authoritative academic journals of Science Citation Index and Engineering Index.
- Locals have tradition of drying foods during harvest season
- Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei govts to cooperate on emissions control
- Web promotion of prostitution to be targeted
- Two more spells of smog predicted to sweep North China
- Glass bridge in grand canyon of Zhangjiajie under construction
- Road rage cases pose huge safety challenge