Fifty-eight bodies found in Shenzhen landslide
Updated: 2016-01-06 17:53
SHENZHEN - Workers have now recovered 58 bodies from the Shenzhen landslide, 18 days after the accident, said local authorities.
The command headquarters of the clearing operation put the total number missing at 77. Of the 58 bodies found, 52 have been identified as among the missing, while workers on the scene are trying to confirm the identity of the other six.
Of 17 people hospitalized after the landslide, ten have been discharged.
Police have arrested 11 people for their roles in the landslide, including a legal representative and a deputy general manager of a company that was in charge of the landfill, where a mountain of construction waste collapsed on Dec 20, destroying 33 buildings in the Hengtaiyu industrial zone, Shenzhen city.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap