New domestic flight serves Tibet
Updated: 2016-01-07 13:25
LHASA - Tibet Airlines launches a new route to the inland cities on Thursday.
The new route, linking the regional capital of Lhasa with Xi'an, capital of Shaanxi Province and Qingdao in Shandong Province, is the only air route connecting the cities.
Another two routes linking Chengdu, capital of Sichuan Province, with Changsha, capital of Hunan Province, and Chengdu with Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province, were also launched Thursday.
Tibet Airlines is the first airline based in Tibet. Launched in 2011, its network takes in major inland cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and Shenzhen.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap