Nine universities in Chinese mainland are selected to be top 100
Updated: 2016-01-07 19:11
By Yan Dongjie(chinadaily.com.cn)
Eighteen Chinese mainland universities were selected in the top 200 of 2015's Scientific and Technological Competitiveness Ranking of Global University (STCRGU) issued by Sichuan University on January 6th, 2016.
Nine of the top 200 made the top 100. The ranking was based on their scientific performance during the period of October, 2014 to September, 2015.
The nine top 100 universities are: Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, University of Chinese Academy of Science, Fudan University, Nanjing University, Zhongshan University and Sichan University. The university that ranked the highest among all Chinese university was Tsinghua University who ranks 13th on the list.
STCRGU is a specialized ranking system contrived by the Institute of Scientific and Technological Competitiveness of Global University to evaluate the scientific performance from Oct 2014 to Sept 2015 of universities from all over the world based on four specific quantified indicators: the number of thesis in SCI (account for 60percent of the total score), the amount of papers published in Nature and Science (20 percent), the number of international patents applied (10 percent) and the WFC score in the latest Nature Index (10 percent), which reflect comprehensively the total scientific outcomes, the amount of high-quality scientific achievements as well as the number of international patents applied.
With a relatively high score on high-quality scientific achievements and international patents, Tsinghua University and Peking University lead all Chinese universities by ranking 13th and 22nd while Zhejiang University and Shanghai Jiaotong University ranked 26th and the 31st respectively.
Harvard ranks first among all the highest scientific and highest quality scientific achievements while the Massachusetts Institution of Technology (MIT) is second in international patents applied. The other top nine positions are held by: Stanford University, University of Toronto, MIT, John Hopkins University, University of Michigan, University College London (UCL), Oxford University, University of Washington and Pennsylvania University.
Cai Mengxiao contributed to the story.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap