Direct flight to link Urumqi, Bangkok
Updated: 2016-01-13 16:09
URUMQI -- China Southern Airlines will launch an air route between Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and Bangkok of Thailand, ahead of the Spring Festival, the company said on Wednesday.
The flight will transit at Lanzhou, capital of northwest China's Gansu Province, and it will be the first international direct flight linking Xinjiang with a southeast Asian country, according to the company.
Another two air routes, Urumqi-Aksu-Hotan, and Guangzhou-Urumqi-Baku will also be launched before the Spring Festival travel rush, which this year starts on Jan. 24 and will end on March 3.
The airline will also operate 342 additional flights in Xinjiang during the travel rush period to better facilitate traveling.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap