Another fugitive nabbed overseas
Updated: 2016-01-14 14:27
CHANGSHA - A former low-level official from central China's Hunan Province suspected of embezzlement was caught in Myanmar 14 days after fleeing China, police said on Thursday.
Zhang Jian was the deputy director of the social security center at Longshan County's Human Resources and Social Security Bureau. He is accused of embezzling 26.95 million yuan (about 4.1 million U.S. dollars) from June to November last year.
He reportedly fled the country on Dec. 30 with his ill-gotten gains before being captured on Wednesday.
Zhang is in police custody. The investigation continues.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap