272 vocational qualifications removed
Updated: 2016-01-15 20:16
By SU ZHOU(chinadaily.com.cn)
China has removed 272 vocational qualification and certification requirements in five steps since early 2014, aiming to support creation of new businesses and bring forth new ideas.
The removed vocational qualifications and certifications accounted for 44 percent of all such qualifications. Among them, there were web advertising brokers, port cargo handling workers and baristas.
"By then, we have eliminated job-access vocational qualifications unauthorized by law, regulations and State Council decisions as well as unauthorized accessed skill qualifications set by the ministers, national industrial associations and societies," said Tang Tao, vice-minister of Human Resources and Social Security, during a regular State Council policy briefing on Friday.
"Next, there will be a regular streamlining mechanism, and we will work with competent authorities to clean up every illegal vocational qualification identified through internal supervision as well as the public and media."
China began to establish a vocational qualification certification system in 1994, aiming to improve employees' skills and provide a market-oriented talent evaluation tool.
It has two types of qualification certification, namely job-access qualifications and assessed skill qualifications.
The qualifications used to be a requirement for people to enter the profession.
However, after 20 years of development, the system has caused many problems and many people have made illegal profit from vocational testing and training.
Tang said the next move will be focusing on enhancing supervision as well as formulating a vocational qualification framework.
"First, we will establish the management system based on a vocational qualification catalogue, and it will be updated regularly.
Those vocational qualifications not on the list should not be allowed to have certificate," said Tang. "What's more, the vocational qualification framework compatible with the economic and social development and human resource development of the country will be established."
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap