Chimelong chair named circus ambassador
Updated: 2016-01-18 18:30
By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou(chinadaily.com.cn)
Su Zhiguang, chairman of Guangdong-based Chimelong Group, is awarded as the ambassador of the circus by the World Circus Federation. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
Su Zhiguang, chairman of Chimelong Group, a tourism service operator based in Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province, was named 2016 circus ambassador by the World Circus Federation.
The award was presented during the annual Festival International du Cirque de Monte-Carlo, one of the most prestigious international industry events, which began on Thursday.
Su was rewarded for leading the Chimelong Group in promoting the art of the circus in China over the past few years. In the past, the award was mainly given to circus artists and officials within the federation.
The Guangdong-based company, which has built the world's largest circus hall, first introduced circus performance to China some 16 years ago.
The company also launched an annual international circus art festival in 2013 and built a new circus hall in Zhuhai, which borders Macao.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap