China's urban unemployment rate steady at 4.05 pct
Updated: 2016-01-22 11:38
BEIJING -- The registered unemployment rate in Chinese cities held steady at 4.05 percent at the end of 2015, unchanged from three months earlier, official data showed Friday.
China created 13.12 million new jobs for urban residents last year, exceeding the official target, Li Zhong, spokesman for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, told a press conference.
The government wanted to create at least 10 million new jobs and hold the unemployment rate below 4.5 percent in 2015.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap