Whistleblower wears Spiderman mask to receive $68,400 award
Updated: 2016-01-22 14:07
Informant wearing a Spiderman mask receives the $68,400 award in Guangzhou city, South China's Guangdong province, Jan 21, 2016. [Photo by Chao Xiao/provided to China Daily]
An employee of a freight company wore a Spiderman mask to receive 450,000 yuan ($68,400) reward, the biggest prize of its kind in Guangdong province, on Thursday for tipping off police about a major international drug trafficking ring.
As an examiner at a freight company in Shunde district, Foshan city, Guangdong province, the informant found some watch boxes destined for Malaysia had drugs inside them and reported the finding to local police.
The clue directly helped police from Foshan city, Guangzhou city, Shenzhen city and Dongguan city to bust a cross-border drug trafficking ring involving 630 kilograms of drugs, 600 kilograms of raw materials for drug making, and 20 suspects, including seven Hong Kong residents, and three drug manufacturing and storage locations, from Dec 29, 2015, to Jan 14, 2016.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap