Over 370m mobile phones harmed by fraud in 2015
Updated: 2016-01-29 13:20
By CAO YIN(chinadaily.com.cn)
The number of users whose mobile phones were infected by malicious programs is still rising and the mobile terminals have become a main channel of fraud, according to a report issued by China's leading security software provider on Friday.
In the report, made by Qihoo 360, showed 370 million mobile phone users receiving malicious programs in 2015 and the number is still going on the rise.
In the meanwhile, the company received 8,973 reports from users who said that they were defrauded while using smartphones, and the involved money reached 50.04 million yuan in total, the report said.
Fake employment, fake lotteries, and theft of account information were the three main fraudulent ways of hitting victims who are primarily aged from 15 to 30.
The company estimated that the number of cases of fraud caused by mobile phones will be rising in following two years.
Online frauds boomed in 2015, but text spams dropped as many people became increasingly aware of protecting personal information.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Goodwill sets tone at Wang, Kerry's briefing
- Obama picks new Afghan commander
- Ceremony held in Auschwitz Camp to remember the Holocaust
- Thousands of beckoning cat on display in Japan's Goutoku Temple
- Chinese fishing boat capsizes off S. Korean island: Yonhap
- 42 cases of Zika infection reported in N.E. Panama