10 tourists grab free money in one minute in East China
Updated: 2016-01-27 08:17
Staff workers display the money at the scenic spot in Hangzhou city, East China's Zhejiang province, Jan 26, 2016. [Photo/CFP]
Imagine you are visiting a tourist spot and there you are given an opportunity to scoop up thousands of dollars for free. Sounds too good to be true? Not really.
Authorities of a scenic spot offered five million yuan ($750,000) at a blast glass room for 10 tourists to grab as much as they could in one minute in Hangzhou city, East China's Zhejiang province on Tuesday.
Songcheng Group invited 10 tourists to participate in the event about 10 days ago through its official account on messaging app WeChat .
A woman surnamed Lu, from Quzhou city in Zhejiang province, was the luckiest one, since she grabbed 18,300 yuan in one minute.
"The move is to show our thanks to our tourists," said the event's organizer.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- Special envoy to visit Laos and Vietnam
- El Nino expected to wreak havoc in S. America well into 2016
- Police officer rescues frightened sloth at corner of busy highway
- US Secretary of State visits Laos, aiming to boost ties
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard