China condemns fatal South Sudan UN facility attack
Updated: 2016-07-11 10:49
By Qin Jize(chinadaily.com.cn)
China on Monday strongly condemned an attack on a UN facility in South Sudan in which a Chinese peacekeeper was killed and six others were injured.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of National Defense, the facility was hit by a shell on Sunday evening, killing one Chinese peacekeeper and injuring six, three critically.
"The Chinese military are deeply shocked and extend their deepest condolences to the victims and express heartfelt sympathy to the wounded and the families of the victims," the statement said.
It said the military has initiated emergency response and follow-up measures to ensure security.
- Eid al-Fitr celebrated worldwide
- Swedish PM looking at tightening laws after festival sex attacks
- British PM race cut to 3 hopefuls as 2 contenders exit contest
- Chinese herbalists offer free US treatment
- Obama praises Hillary's judgement hours after FBI's censure
- Rio mayor tells Olympic visitors: 'Don't expect New York or London'