Teacher's spirit keeps village school open, only 2 students left
Updated: 2016-10-26 10:29
Yang Jinhua, the only teacher in Muqiao primary school, helps students with their homework on October 24, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
Located in Guantang, a minority ethnic village in southwest China's Chongqing autonomous municipality, Muqiao primary school has only one teacher and two students which are both in the first grade and persist in their educational pursuits, reported Xinhua News.
The school is on the mountain, and in the autumn of 1981, there were not enough teachers in the Muqiao primary school. Yang Jinhua, then an 18-year-old villager who had just graduated from high school, came to teach.
Over the last 35 years, Yang Jinhua has been teaching in Muqiao primary school. He gave up many opportunities to teach elsewhere, off the mountain. Besides teaching, Yang Jinhua also helped fix the road to the school on the mountain.
Now at the age of 53, Yang Jinhua said that as long as there is one student learning in the school, he will stay there and teach.
- World's first multiple-span cable-stayed bridge to open in Hunan
- Accompanying satellite sends back images of Tiangong II, Shenzhou XI
- China prefab house explosion kills 14, wounds 147
- 88 years old becomes oldest undergraduate in China
- Long March a 'stately monument': Xi
- Ten photos from around China: Oct 14-20
- Lavrov, Kerry discuss Syrian situation
- Turkish troops kill 17 IS militants since Mosul operation: FM
- 59 killed in attack on police academy in Pakistan
- Syrian forces capture new area in Aleppo
- Fate of child migrants uncertain before France demolishes Jungle camp
- Former Japan SDF official believed to have blown himself up, injures 3