Is it a thing? 10 odd jobs where you can make good money
Updated: 2016-11-11 15:53
By Liu Wei(chinadaily.com.cn)
Not all jobs are for teachers or doctors. There are many jobs you might not be even aware of or ever think about. Some jobs sound unappealing, but actually pay well.
Here are some jobs that are let's say unusual.
1. Crab-binding men
The autumn is the golden season for Chinese to have crabs as tradition. But no one wants crabs crawling out of the pot when cooking.
Skillful people who can tie up a crab in seconds are the most wanted ones to crab sellers. Based on the unwritten rule, a crab-binding master is one who can tie up over six crabs in a minute.
They use chopstick-thick ropes to tie up the legs all together.
A hard-working crab-binding man can definitely make over 10,000 yuan ($1,467.5) a month in the busy season as he can earn 0.2 yuan on one crab.
The busy season lasts about three months. In other months, they sometimes do other jobs, such as wrapping up rice dumplings for another Chinese festival.
- Online shopping frenzy sparks trash concern
- Is it a thing? 10 odd jobs where you can make good money
- Message on a bottle: Mineral water company launches drive to find missing children
- Snow leopards caught on camera
- A foreigner's guide to Singles Day shopping spree
- China jails 49 for catastrophic Tianjin warehouse blasts
- Americans want to change presidential election system
- UK business calls for exclusive visa system for post-Brexit London
- Australia poised to sign refugee deal with United States: media
- Philippines' Duterte says he is against 2014 defense pact with US
- S.Africa wants to work with US in promoting peace: Zuma
- Trump's victory on global pages