Art and craft traditions on display in Beijing
Updated: 2016-07-12 14:09
By Lin Qi(chinadaily.com.cn)
Modern Works of Chinese Arts and Crafts is an exhibition celebrating the recent development of art and craft traditions that have been inherited by generations of craftsmen across the country. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The exhibition held at the National Museum of China shows more than 700 fine examples of the handicraft techniques, many of which are inscribed on the State-level intangible cultural heritage list, including thangka paintings, jade and stone carving, Ming-style furniture and the cloisonne metalworking or Jingtailan.
The exhibition runs through July 22.
- Philippine, Japan coast guards to hold exercise off Manila Bay
- Dozens more arrests in Louisiana after leaders warn against protest violence
- South China Sea Issue ABC
- South China Sea Issue ABC: Why the Philippines' unilateral initiation of arbitration is against international law?
- EU: Strenghten partnerships to stop economic woes
- Fresh killings in Indian-controlled Kashmir clashes raise death toll to 21